Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Carrots....

Now that I did Septembers and Octobers posts, I thought I'd finish off with a Thanksgiving post for November. The only problem is I don't really have any thanksgiving recipes!! But I do have a a recipe I've been wanting to share. I buy carrots to munch on every now and then, but sometimes I need to get rid of them in bulk, so I'll throw this together and it tastes SO good. But I am a cooked carrot fan, so I may be biased...

Honey Glazed Carrots
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons butter
4 Cups thinly sliced and peeled carrots
Salt and pepper
2 Tablespoons honey

Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, a pinch of salt, pepper and the honey. Stir and let cook for 10-12 minutes, or until softened to your liking. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.

No comments: