Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sugar Cookies

This recipe came from my sister in law and has been a favorite of mine for years! I had some today that a gal at church made and they TOO we're SO good. I'm anxious to get that other recipe and see how it compares! Anyway, besides the taste, these are also good because there is no rolling and cutting shapes needed! Just make into normal cookie shapes and decorate with cute colored frosting and sprinkles!

Sugar Cookie Recipe:
1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1 cup Butter (softened)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract (I do extra vanilla and skip this, but most people LOVE this flavor)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tarter
2 1/2 cups flour

Mix Together powdered sugar and butter....
Mix in the remaining ingredients.....
Spoon onto cookie sheet ( I usually use my cookie scoop and then flatten them a tad with the bottom of a glass cup or something)
Bake @ 350
8-10 mins. (may look not done, but don't over bake or they WON'T be soft)
Frost when cool

I've never tried this frosting (I'm too lazy and use one off the store shelf, but I've heard good things!)

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter (soft)
pinch of salt
4 cups powdered sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
3 T whipping cream